Leading Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural (SMSC) Development - From Class to Whole School
Thinking about SMSC? Think no further. This course met all our Worth Valley Learning Network objectives. Informative, practical, high quality, tried and tested resources rooted in the classroom – gets you ready for Ofsted! Janet Parkinson, Head Teacher, Haworth Primary and Chair of Worth Valley Learning Network
A one-day course led by SLN on how to deliver outstanding SMSC development as required by Ofsted; ideal for head teachers, school leaders and teachers with responsibility for leading on SMSC development. Download course flyer here.
- MILTON KEYNES · Thursday 10 October 2013
9.15 am – 3 pm (registration from 9 am) · £150
- LENHAM VILLAGE, MAIDSTONE · Thursday 17 October 2013
10 am – 3.30 pm (registration from 9.30 am) · £150 (Kent schools £120)
- BRADFORD · Friday 8 November 2013
10 am – 3.30 pm (registration from 9.30 am) · £150* (£100 for additional delegates)
- SWINDON · Thursday 14 November 2013
9.30 am – 3.30 pm (registration from 9 am) · £150^ (Gloucester International Education Office and Wiltshire Global Education Centre Schools £140)
- LONDON · Thursday 6 February 2014
10 am – 3.30 pm (registration from 9.30 am) · £165 (£100 for additional delegates)
Prices vary due to different local funding streams
*£175 if booking after 30 September 2013
^£165 if booking after 30 September 2013
About the Course
The quality of a school’s Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development is central to the quality of its ethos. The importance of SMSC is emphasised in the new Ofsted framework, and in particular in relation to leadership, management and overall effectiveness of the school. This one-day course balances input with reflection and interactivity, and guides participants through a personal journey.
- Led by qualified and experienced teacher advisors
- Clear understanding of what SMSC development looks like in a school.
- Outlines Ofsted definitions and inspection expectations
- Ideas for whole school strategies
- Classroom resources which exemplify SMSC development
- The new SLN SMSC Toolkit and Audit
- An SMSC staff meeting outline and powerpoint
- Ideas on how to evidence and evaluate the impact of SMSC
- Support with personal action planning
As part of the course delegates receive an electronic version of the SMSC Leaders’ Toolkit and Audit and a tried and tested Staff Meeting Presentation to enable you to share SMSC with your staff in school.
“The advisor knowledge is amazing and the session covered everything using a variety of activities and information. The resources were excellent and on-going support was offered. This has been the best CPD I have ever attended!” Rachel Williams, Teacher, The Academy, Selsey
- Times: 10.00 am to 3.30 pm (registration from 9.30 am)
- Costs: £175* per delegate, inclusive of course materials, refreshments and lunch. Discounts are available for two or more delegates from the same school or organisation. *£150 if booking before 30 September 2013. Prices may vary at some venues – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full course details.
- Cancellations: must be made seven days prior to the date of the training. Any cancellations made after this time will be charged at £50 per place.
- Terms & Conditions Apply
To reserve your place and for more information please email: email@example.com with the following information:
- Delegate name
- School name
- Contact number
- Contact email
- The venue/date you wish to attend
- Special requirements (dietary or other)
“I would like to reiterate what I said on the day. Absolutely brilliant course run by two exceptionally enthusiastic, knowledgeable individuals. I’m pretty modest in my praise most of the time but it was terrific!!!” Patrick Barrett, Assistant Principal, The Eastwood Academy, Leigh-on-Sea
The SMSC Leaders’ Toolkit includes:
- SMSC and Ofsted
- Developing an SMSC Policy
- Auditing SMSC Provision- across a whole school and by Key Stage
- How to evidence and evaluate the impact of SMSC
- Creating an Action Plan and the role of the SMSC Leader
- Articulating SMSC Provision and its Impact