How to Deliver Outstanding Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural (SMSC) Development - From Class to Whole School
Thinking about SMSC? Think no further. This course met all our Worth Valley Learning Network objectives. Informative, practical, high quality, tried and tested resources rooted in the classroom – gets you ready for Ofsted! Janet Parkinson, Head Teacher, Haworth Primary and Chair of Worth Valley Learning Network
A one-day course led by experienced advisors from the Schools Linking Network (SLN) on how to deliver outstanding SMSC development as required by Ofsted; ideal for head teachers, school leaders and teachers with responsibility for leading on SMSC development.
Dates & Venues
- 23 May - Global Language Immersion Centre, 4-6 Commercial Road, Gloucester, GL1 2EA
- 20 June - Culture Fusion, 125 Thornton Road, Bradford, BD1 2EP
- 4 July - Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
About the Course
The quality of a school’s Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development is central to the quality of its ethos. The importance of SMSC is emphasised in the new Ofsted framework, and in particular in relation to leadership, management and overall effectiveness of the school. This one-day course balances input with reflection and interactivity, and guides participants through a personal journey.
- Led by qualified and experienced teachers
- Clear understanding of what SMSC development looks like in a school.
- Outlines Ofsted definitions and inspection expectations
- Ideas for whole school strategies
- Classroom resources which exemplify SMSC development
- SMSC development audit document
- Support with personal action planning
“The advisor knowledge is amazing and the session covered everything using a variety of activities and information. The resources were excellent and on-going support was offered. This has been the best CPD I have ever attended!” Rachel Williams, The Academy, Selsey
- Times: 10.00 am to 3.30 pm (registration from 9.30 am)
- Costs: £150 per delegate, inclusive of course materials, refreshments and lunch. Discounts are available for two or more delegates from the same school or organisation.
- Cancellations: must be made seven days prior to the date of the training. Any cancellations made after this time will be charged at £50 per place.
- Please Note: the delegate rate for the Gloucester event is £100 per delegate due to the course being subsidised by the International Education Office. For further details and to book please contact SLN.
- Terms & Conditions Apply
To reserve your place and for more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Delegate name
- School name
- Contact number
- Contact email
- The venue/date you wish to attend
- Special requirements (dietary or other)
“I would like to reiterate what I said on the day. Absolutely brilliant course run by two exceptionally enthusiastic, knowledgeable individuals. I’m pretty modest in my praise most of the time but it was terrific!!!” Patrick Barrett, The Eastwood Academy, Leigh-on-Sea