European Union: What’s it all about? … The European Parliament Information Office in the UK is offering teachers a chance to attend a free professional development conference on the European Union.
This one day training course will enable you to:
- Increase your knowledge about the European Union and the role of the European Parliament.
- Engage with European Parliament representatives.
- Participate in workshops using the resources: “The European Parliament: What’s That?” and “Crisis Point”.
- Expand your portfolio of classroom activities and share your ideas with others to enhance the citizenship curriculum for your 11-16 year old students.
- Receive free teaching resources.
Who should attend?
These events are for those involved in teaching about the EU and Citizenship: Classroom teachers, subject leaders, subject advisors, teacher training tutors and trainee teachers.
When and where?
- 25 January 2013 – Southampton
- 11 March 2013 – Derby
- 19 April 2013 – Belfast
- 17 May 2013 – Exeter
Please note this is not an SLN event. Bookings should be made through Learning Plus UK – details available via the Learning Plus UK website or from information flyer.