European Union: What’s it all about? … The European Parliament Information Office in the UK is offering teachers a chance to attend a free professional development conference on the European Union.
This one day training course will enable you to:
- Increase your knowledge about the European Union and the role of the European Parliament.
- Engage with European Parliament representatives.
- Participate in workshops using the resources: “The European Parliament: What’s That?” and “Crisis Point”.
- Expand your portfolio of classroom activities and share your ideas with others to enhance the citizenship curriculum for your 11-16 year old students.
- Receive free teaching resources.
Who should attend?
These events are for those involved in teaching about the EU and Citizenship: Classroom teachers, subject leaders, subject advisors, teacher training tutors and trainee teachers.
When and where?
- 25 January 2013 – Southampton
- 11 March 2013 – Derby
- 19 April 2013 – Belfast
- 17 May 2013 – Exeter
For more information and how to book please visit the Learning Plus UK website or download the information flyer here.
Please note this is not an SLN event. Bookings should be made through Learning Plus UK – details available via the Learning Plus UK website or from information flyer.